Castle Hill Question

and7barton

Dedicated Member
One of the most picturesque landmarks in Summer Wine country is Castle Hill, with the magnificent Victoria Tower looking out across the country, and the hill was often seen in the distance in scenes. But not once were any scenes ever shot on Castle Hill. Was there some reason for this ? - Was it not allowed for some reason ? Or was it simply not very accessible to the filming unit ? (The road up to the plateau is pretty narrow, but trucks managed to get up there when the ill-fated pub was being built up there).
I've often wondered about this.

One of the most picturesque landmarks in Summer Wine country is Castle Hill, with the magnificent Victoria Tower looking out across the country, and the hill was often seen in the distance in scenes. But not once were any scenes ever shot on Castle Hill. Was there some reason for this ? - Was it not allowed for some reason ? Or was it simply not very accessible to the filming unit ? (The road up to the plateau is pretty narrow, but trucks managed to get up there when the ill-fated pub was being built up there).
I've often wondered about this.

Not sure why that would be,I will try and as Mr Bell next time I speak to him

Back