Can you speak BBC "RP" English?

theatrically_inclined

Dedicated Member
BBC Received Pronunciation is the "accent" originated by the BBC in 1916, that was the typical way broadcast announcers would speak.

As you might have guessed, I am developing another video project and for the odd sentence or two I would like to use a voice other than my own to replicate the tone and mannerisms of BBC RP. Sorry, I'm not biased, but because I'm replicating something from history, it needs to be a male voice.

Message me or reply here if you think you could do it!

Thanks

Shame these guys aren't alive they could help you out :)

Guess you are looking for a character like the one in Harry Enfield's show Mr Cholmondely-Warner I am afraid I am not your man too Geordie couldn't keep up the accent for long " I say isn't Raspberry Jam absolutely spiffing ye na"
That video led me to his take on Elvis. Looked him up on Wikipedia which has a nice overview of his linguistic style. Hillarious!

I am led to believe in researching Leigh's original ask there is hardly anyone left to meet this requirement?

The greatest man who fooled millions for 3 decades was Bill Owen [a.k.a. our favourite scuffy urchin !!!]......EVERY single person who has ever watched our show would think he was a born and bred wooly hat wearing,ferret breeding,chain smoking,women chasing Yorkshireman......until that horrific moment you hear his real life Southern accent....it is then that your dreams are shattered because you WANT Bill to be a Yorkshireman !!!!....because quite simply he was unbelievably real.
X!

Back