By The Magnificent Thighs Of Ernie Burniston bench

WesleyRocks

Dedicated Member
Hello everyone,
I was watching By The Magnificent Thighs Of Ernie Burniston, and at 8:27 they are walking in the countryside and Compo and Clegg sit down on a bench. The view is amazing, I was wondering where it is located and is the bench a prop or a permanent fixture?
Thanks, Darin

Hello everyone,
I was watching By The Magnificent Thighs Of Ernie Burniston, and at 8:27 they are walking in the countryside and Compo and Clegg sit down on a bench. The view is amazing, I was wondering where it is located and is the bench a prop or a permanent fixture?
Thanks, Darin

That is a real bench,I have sat there several times,it is Scar Hole Lane near Jackson Bridge, the view has changed since the episode was filmed

View.jpg

To add to the scenery you can see below the lake and bridge used in several episodes including Extra Extra

Hello everyone,
Thanks, Darin
thank you for the question ! I keep forgetting to ask, Mal, how far from the Caff and the White Horse do our chaps wander? Okay, of course it is miles, but they seem very high up ! and I mean ALL their wanderings.

Well, in Full Steam Behind they wander up thru Oxenhope as far as
Oakworth (and almost to Keighly). Quite a ways to trudge
from Holmfirth.

What a gorgeous country, thank you for the information. I have made this my background now. If I ever get to visit, you must take me there!!!

What a gorgeous country, thank you for the information. I have made this my background now. If I ever get to visit, you must take me there!!!

You just get yourself here and I will be delighted to show you around,best to come when it's not raining,so that would be February the 30th

Well, in Full Steam Behind they wander up thru Oxenhope as far as
Oakworth (and almost to Keighly). Quite a ways to trudge
from Holmfirth.

They filmed all over the area over the years as they were looking for certain types of locations and, from what I've read, trying to avoid disrupting locals too much. So the actual locations are a lot farther apart then what might be realistic for a trio of old guys to walk or bike to.

lol . . . you guys are a scream. Me too for visiting please. I was in London for 3 days but that was before all this. Keep telling hubby we have to go back.

lol . . . you guys are a scream. Me too for visiting please. I was in London for 3 days but that was before all this. Keep telling hubby we have to go back.

Yes you must and see the North,I have moved to the east so it is now unspoilt ???

The commentary on the tour bus said that for Compo to "nip round to Cleggy's" he would have to go 4 miles. ;D

Prolly pretty close on to 4 miles.

Certainly after Clegg and Howard/Pearl moved from Holmfirth to
Jackson Bridge. And Compo still down in Holmfirth.

We walk that way often when over there, and always
stop about half way at the Boot and Shoe pub in Scholes!! It's a good
walk up out of Holmfirth, then back down in to Jackson Bridge. Usually
come back thru Hepworth for the Butcher's Arms.

Prolly pretty close on to 4 miles.

Certainly after Clegg and Howard/Pearl moved from Holmfirth to
Jackson Bridge. And Compo still down in Holmfirth.

We walk that way often when over there, and always
stop about half way at the Boot and Shoe pub in Scholes!! It's a good
walk up out of Holmfirth, then back down in to Jackson Bridge. Usually
come back thru Hepworth for the Butcher's Arms.

Well, they never say in the series that Clegg and Howard were in a different town.

So what I've been attempting to figure out is when they shoot those lovely scenery shots, which direction is the camera pointing? Is the camera pointing southeast towards the Peak District? Or north towards Huddersfield?

Back