Buying White Goods

maltrab

Administrator
Staff member
Thought I would just share my recent buying experience,I needed a new fridge/freezer,after shopping around I tried for the first time a company called AO.com, the product was £50 cheaper than John Lewis,I ordered it on Sunday afternoon and went for the free delivery option, it was Delivered early Tuesday morning and although I had not opted in for the removal of old unit,they took it anyway.They kept me informed by text and mail on delivery and today I had a email form so I could claim the extra £30 cash back offer which will be paid direct to my bank in 21 days,so a total saving of £80 on the John Lewis Price and it is not an expensive item. I could of had it delivered on Monday for a Extra £9.99 had it been urgent.

So I thought I would mention this company to members as they do what they say they will do,so often that is not the case these days

Terry

Case in point Terry is my experience with Argos last month. They gave me a firm Monday am delivery, that came and went with no sign of them . I phoned up to be told there was a problem with availability on my new cooker :-\ I was to be put through to customer services , while I was waiting to be connected a "mechanical " sounding voice came on the line and said "we are having difficulty connecting you , goodbye!" By this time I was steaming and asked to speak to someone in charge, I made my point as strongly as I could without swearing and was given an upgrade of my cooker as recompense. It still took another week for delivery though!! >:(

Speaking from across the Pond, is it really true that they have combined the washer and dryer into one machine? Or is there a clothesline outside? These units always seem to be in the kitchen.

You can get washer/dryers combined, my daughter has one, but I proffer separate machines myself and yes most of us have lines outside. ;)

I for one prefer the single machines, if one half breaks you've usually lost the other :-\ ::)

I have one of those old fashioned wooden thingys on a pulley that hangs from the ceiling and the warm air in the room dries everything, it works a treat :) :)

yes susan I think most of us in the uk have separate washers an driers plus an outside line for more clement drying conditions (about 2% of the year) :D

I have one of those old fashioned wooden thingys on a pulley that hangs from the ceiling and the warm air in the room dries everything, it works a treat :) :)

So do I - as my ceiling is high enough no problem!

Back