Bridge in series 20

C W Northrop

Dedicated Member
The bridge Mr Lucy fell off in The Pony Set was the same one Howard and Smiler
fell off in Ironing Day was it not?

I think they built a number of fake bridges over the years - there is a phootgraph of them doing it in the Ross and Bright book.

I was holidaying just up the road from where they were filming the Lucy episode that year. When they built the bridge they had to employ a security firm to keep an eye on it at all times in case someone nicked it. When I asked if this happened the security guy said I would be surprised at what gets taken from the outdoor sets.When they were filming a few of us were watching by a wall on the road and Bill Owen came across to relieve himself and a lady next to me said she had not come to see that part of Bill but it was something she would never forget.
I also had a long conversation with Stephan Paczai which was very interesting.

I was holidaying just up the road from where they were filming the Lucy episode that year. When they built the bridge they had to employ a security firm to keep an eye on it at all times in case someone nicked it. When I asked if this happened the security guy said I would be surprised at what gets taken from the outdoor sets.When they were filming a few of us were watching by a wall on the road and Bill Owen came across to relieve himself and a lady next to me said she had not come to see that part of Bill but it was something she would never forget.
I also had a long conversation with Stephan Paczai which was very interesting.

Fascinating anecdote Happyjack thanks for sharing.I love these little story's :)

A little bit more for you then George following on from the bridge set. At the end of the days filming Alan Bell got the film crew to lay down the rail tracks for the cameras to film the final sequence where you see the trio walking along at the end of an episode. It must have taken them nearly 2 hours to set it all up and then Alan said NO I have changed my mind we will do it another time. There were one or two choice comments not fit for human consumption as you can imagine.

One bridge I haven't figured out the location is the one in A Clean Sweep where the trio come across the odd chimney sweep.

My guess is that it's closer to the Co-Op than the one in Edie and the Automobile and Aladdin Gets on Your Wick.

One bridge I haven't figured out the location is the one in A Clean Sweep where the trio come across the odd chimney sweep.

My guess is that it's closer to the Co-Op than the one in Edie and the Automobile and Aladdin Gets on Your Wick.

Wasn't that the bridge used in Walking Stiff Can Make You Famous?

Claye that bridge is in the Holme Valley Caravan and camping park,off Woodhead Road a couple of miles the Huddersfield side of Holmfirth,you go down Lancaster Lane,in the middle of the park is a river where that bridge crosses,sadly on google it is hidden by tree's,they have also used this park in the earlier series plus a few times around series 27-28,at one point they used it as a base camp during the wettest summer for years and had to leave in a hurry due to getting bogged down

Back