Box Set due in December

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by maltrab, Oct 8, 2017.

Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. captain clutterbuck

captain clutterbuck Well-Known Member

It is nice to have the ability to cherry pick an episode or two you wish to watch with owning the boxed set rather than rely on UKTV . The episodes are all over the place at the moment, the other day they had a rare outing of Hobbo's First episode only to return to series 14 in the following episode with Series 14 continuing throughout the week. Clearly they have acquired the rights to Dr Who and someone is messing about with the Tardis.

Pearl and dick like this.
  2. Pearl

Pearl Super Moderator Staff Member

Thank you, it sounds like a better way out then the Frost set.

3. mashibinbin

mashibinbin Active Member

There's three individual 'mini sets' similar to the Bread release a little while back. 'Series 1-12' together in box 1, 'Series 13-24' in box 2 and 'Series 25-32' in the third one. I used the '_' as the misnumbering mistake from earlier sets continues.

4. Pearl

5. mashibinbin

mashibinbin Active Member

It's now out there (cheapest I could find was £55 here https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-l...dvd_new_olp_sr?ie=UTF8&condition=new&qid=&sr=) and saves a bit of room compared the others put together - it DOES have all episodes present and correct including the proper versions for the first 3 episodes and the pilot. All discs are ported over from their various boxsets but no additional material sadly. Strangely no episode guide is included either.

6. captain clutterbuck

Adorned with some of Claye's Comic strips :)

dick and maltrab like this.
  7. captain clutterbuck

Considering the cost of the raw materials which are negligible then you do think they could make a more appropriate presentation. The counter to that is ,of course , the production of more non-biodegradable plastic but which of us would throw them away . I personally would like to take it with me when I shuffle off this mortal coil just in case they don't have a copy in the library of wherever I end up.

8. maltrab

maltrab Administrator Staff Member

Ah you bought the Ikea flat packed version

9. maltrab

maltrab Administrator Staff Member

Pack in a tin shaped like the cafe

dick likes this.
  10. Pearl

I'm curious too, I bought my dad the entire series of A Touch of Frost, that had about 30 dvds. The way they crammed them in in a totally nonsensical way was confusing and and annoying. My dad just couldn't work it out, I had the buy some dvd sleaves and put them individually and label them 1 to 30. One disk would be the last episode in series 2 and the first 2 in series 3 and the way thy were trapped in between each other made it impossible to get one disk out without removing 2 more and just make things better they weren't labeled with a disk number.

dick and RickAns like this.
  11. RickAns

RickAns Well-Known Member

No picture yet on what the set will look like. I'm curious how they will package it. Just had a funny thought of a treacle tin container like the one Compo buried under a bush as a kid with .... (forget characters name). Any else have some suggestions in ways to package the complete set?

I see on the page they have a dvd for the remake of Porridge 2017. Haven't looked to see who is in it but I think I prefer the original with Ronnie Barker.

12. Pearl

Thank you. I might wait a few months, I have them all but a box set would be nice but I'll wait until the price drops a bit, I'd pay £100 but £150 is a bit much for something I've already got. It would make a great Xmas present for someone.

maltrab and RickAns like this.
  13. cciaffone

cciaffone Well-Known Member

Last edited: Oct 10, 2017
    Pearl likes this.
  14. Pearl

Terry can you please post a link? I can't find it.

15. RickAns

RickAns Well-Known Member

This is good news.

16. dick

dick Well-Known Member

And no PC amendments !!:20:

RickAns and maltrab like this.
  17. dick

dick Well-Known Member

Amazon UK are advertising it as Series 1 to 31 (only)?:confused:

maltrab likes this.
  18. cciaffone