Boots the Chemist, silly question?

cornishman

Junior Jedi
Staff member
So, the prescription delivery driver from Boots the Chemist (drug store) knocked on my door. When I answer we recognise each other, he's been here a multitude of times, so he asks me "just for security, can you confirm your address please?"
Hmmmmm, makes me wonder!

He like so many people will have a script and guidelines to follow because of this PC world we live in , everything is done by the book because of there being a chance of comeback and personal liability so companies compose instructions to cover their employees every move to ensure that liability is diminished .

Or give them next doors address. The nurse comes once a month to give dad a blood test, he's got altzhimers and thinks he's 74 ( he's not but there's no telling him ) and still living at his old address, the nurse asks him his date of birth, address and age every time, which he gets all 3 wrong. I'm waiting for one that doesn't know him because I'm for sure having fun with that!

Have anyone had to sign for deliveries now on those machines they have. You have to sign it with your finger.
I defy any body to read what the name is. (even worse than my doctor.:eyesroll:

I have indeed HJ , I always sign with my middle name which luckily just happens to be X , thank you Mam and Dad you were clearly visionary and you knew one day people would simply sign on a screen for the receipt of goods ;):fp:

Does the delivery driver not know where he is?
If a delivery person asked me to confirm the address I would question whether they are in the correct job if they have to ask am I in the right place?

So, the prescription delivery driver from Boots the Chemist (drug store) knocked on my door. When I answer we recognise each other, he's been here a multitude of times, so he asks me "just for security, can you confirm your address please?"
Hmmmmm, makes me wonder!
He/She are probably just making sure that they are at the right address.

Several years ago, my next-door neighbors hired an elder-care firm to provide care for the wife's aged aunt while they were away. The firm had the correct house number, but their representative came to my door and stood there insisting that I had requested care and that my memory was so far gone that I had forgotten. When I got a word in edgewise, I asked what house number they had been given. When the rep repeated it I asked her to read the house number that was almost directly in front of her eyes. She read it, looked baffled and disappeared down the porch steps in a hurry.

About a week later the same rep showed up at my door to commence care and we went through the same routine. If I ever need to hire a caregiver, I'll avoid that firm.

Several years ago, my next-door neighbors hired an elder-care firm to provide care for the wife's aged aunt while they were away. The firm had the correct house number, but their representative came to my door and stood there insisting that I had requested care and that my memory was so far gone that I had forgotten. When I got a word in edgewise, I asked what house number they had been given. When the rep repeated it I asked her to read the house number that was almost directly in front of her eyes. She read it, looked baffled and disappeared down the porch steps in a hurry.

About a week later the same rep showed up at my door to commence care and we went through the same routine. If I ever need to hire a caregiver, I'll avoid that firm.
Maybe the Representative's memory was needing care.

Back