Anyone Else Having Amazon Problems

maltrab

Administrator
Staff member
I have been a Amazon Prime customer for several year and except for a spat of deliveries via Yodel in 2012 things were ok,for most deliveries they used DPD and they were spot on,in the last couple of months they have started to use Amazon Logistics which are for me a total failure,items out for delivery yet did not arrive on the day, one package was left on the doorstep at 10pm even though we were up and the lights were on,they did not knock or ring the bell,fortunately it was a dry night.

The final straw was this week,goods I was waiting on never arrived on the stated day,I checked at 11pm that they had not been left outside again,I was woken up at 7am the following day by the items being pushed through the letter box,so a day late again,yet when I checked the delivery status they claimed it was handed to me the day before.
I think Amazon are cutting to the bone their cost of delivery and it seems they expect the delivery drivers to be on the road from 7am and not to finish until the last drop which could be late into the evening,and I notice this is 7 days a week now,I also noticed the drivers are European,so I thing they take advantage,all the vans they use are older hire vans.

I have spoken to neighbours who also buy from Amazon but are not Prime customers,they tell me most of their goods they order with free delivery have been arriving in 2 days,so I have be paying for a Prime delivery with no benefit,I contacted Amazon and demanded and received a full years refund of this years Prime membership payment and if I deal with them I will just go for the free delivery

Cannot say I have noticed any problems. Most things I get from Amazon are delivered by Royal Mail. I will watch out for it. We might be lucky in that we have largest Amazon warehouse in Scotland here in Dunfermline.

I have to agree with Big Unc, I ordered something one morning around 7am with free delivery and it arrived the next morning. I don't buy enough to pay for prime but have never had to wait long.

I'd be miffed if they left it on the door step mine!!

I'd be miffed if they left it on the door step mine!!

Delivery drivers ring the doorbell there? Happens here only if the recipient has to sign for the package.

Addressing Amazon in particular — I've never been in such a rush that I've been willing to pay for Prime and I refuse to pay for shipping if there's a free option. To get free shipping, I save items in my shopping bag for later until they total enough to qualify. Delivery is usually by US Postal Service, and if the package is too big to fit in the mailbox, the letter carrier leaves it on the mat underneath. When UPS delivers, they leave packages at the front of the porch right next to the steps where they're out of sight from the street. I prefer that, even though nothing has ever been stolen from under the mailbox.

Marianna

contacted Amazon and demanded and received a full years refund of this years Prime membership payment and if I deal with them I will just go for the free delivery

was just going to say, co worker had problem with an overnight delivery, and received refund of prime cost. Though you do want packages delivered during the day and not at all hours of the night.

We have not had any problem so far being a prime customer. Average 1 a week delivery. It sounds like your delivery company is overloaded.

was just going to say, co worker had problem with an overnight delivery, and received refund of prime cost. Though you do want packages delivered during the day and not at all hours of the night.

We have not had any problem so far being a prime customer. Average 1 a week delivery. It sounds like your delivery company is overloaded.

I agree, its a very competitive industry now.

If a recent news report is to be believed we'll be having them delivered via drones. You better start digging for your landing stripe.

I agree, its a very competitive industry now.

If a recent news report is to be believed we'll be having them delivered via drones. You better start digging for your landing stripe.

I saw that. A bit scary those drones. Big brother keeping eye on us!

Not had problems - always go for free delivery anyway if available. I often find that it is only a few days. Most of my items go through the door letter box (DVDs, CDs and books) so rare I have to sign.

PDP are worst option as if out, their next day is any time from 7 am to 7 pm!! And if you alter you can not alter a second time!

I would buy local but so often the local outlets do not have what I want!

You want a 100% cotton shirt in white not double cuff - not in any shop around here unless you are very skinny! Double cuff a plenty, slimfit a plenty but standard with single cuff - no chance so one is forced to mail order although this was not Amazon (they could not offer what i wanted!)

I am getting the sneaky feeling that my buying choices are increasingly against the run of the mill and I am can not get what I really want! So perhaps the postman will nto have to call!

It was so bad a couple of years back that I had a years free prime Brenda,they added a month every time they failed delivery,I have had enough so I will shop as much as possible elsewhere or use their free delivery if I need to use them

Back