Any Like Button Problems

maltrab

Administrator
Staff member
If any member is having a like button problem or similar missing button, please reply in this thread withas much detail as possible
Thanks
Terry

There's no Edit button in the following threads to which I've posted recently:
Either of my posts in "Former Bamforth's building, etc";
Either of the ones in "Happy 96th Birthday Cleggy";
My January 30th post in "Pancake Day";
Either of my posts in "favorite one-off characters";
etc. (This is becoming tedious.)

There's no Edit button in the following threads to which I've posted recently:
Either of my posts in "Former Bamforth's building, etc";
Either of the ones in "Happy 96th Birthday Cleggy";
My January 30th post in "Pancake Day";
Either of my posts in "favorite one-off characters";
etc. (This is becoming tedious.)

I have spoken to Tony today and he has found the problem deep in the software, sadly for Tony every thread needs fixing, so it will take some time

As Terry said, I did find the problem, and it appears to be a left-over from when I converted the forums from the old vBulletin software to this new Xenforo. It seems all the user and forum permissions were "standardised" (or "standardized" for those of you across the water :) ) so I am having to trawl through pages and pages of permissions, correcting the errors.
Sorry for the tardy response, I have no excuse.

As Terry said, I did find the problem, and it appears to be a left-over from when I converted the forums from the old vBulletin software to this new Xenforo. It seems all the user and forum permissions were "standardised" (or "standardized" for those of you across the water :) ) so I am having to trawl through pages and pages of permissions, correcting the errors.

Love your honesty Tony.
Thank you for all your hard work, I think Terry said something about Russian woman enroute..... Or that might be tea????? Anyway, something Russian is heading your way.

Should we refrain from starting any new threads until after you've notified us that the problem has been eliminated?

Ah now I understand - not all transfers at a single fell swoop. I thought modern computing was meant to update everything immediately!. If I spend money it updates it instantly!!

So when, where, and how should I get/see an Edit button?

While writing? After uploading? Later?

What would it look like?

I shall post this as a reply, then go back and see
if I get an Edit button??

Ah, there it is! So what does the Report button do?

So when, where, and how should I get/see an Edit button?

While writing? After uploading? Later?

What would it look like?

I shall post this as a reply, then go back and see
if I get an Edit button??

Ah, there it is! So what does the Report button do?

Chuck, the report button is for reporting post to admin

Back