Another New Member

And I think Michael Aldridge was good at getting Bill Owen and the others to join in off the set while on location.

I always thought Blamire wasn't very popular with LOTSW fans. This is the first time I've read that someone liked him.

Thank you for the welcome. It is nice to keep the talk to just Summer Wine. I've learned more in my short time here than in any of the groups I belonged to.

Welcome Nancy. My favourite Seymour traits were when he doffed his hat to women and bursting into song when the mood took him

Thank you for the welcome. I was thinking of C.W. Northrup the other day when I left a message on my cousin's phone. She never got the message and that, for some reason, led me to the great C.W. Northrup.

... The Olde Silent pub ...

Chuck,

Funny you should mention the Olde Silent. It's the title of a mystery by Martha Grimes, one of my favorite authors. She has a series, each book involving a pub and taking it's title from the pub's name. I hadn't quite realized that this one was real. The hero/detective goes to Haworth for holiday as a remedy for job burnout and of course he gets embroiled in a mystery.

Marianna

Chuck,
Funny you should mention the Olde Silent.
Marianna

Oh yes, it's a wonderful pub just outside of Haworth.

Good dark ales and great food -- at least last time we were there.

In fact Terry, our guardian angel, used to live just up the hill
from the pub. Never sure why he moved down south.

We have been to a number of pubs featured in Martha Grimes
mysteries. I believe they all do exist. I remember buying fresh
local eggs off a table at one such pub.

Back