Another Holmfirth live cam

RickAns

Dedicated Member
Hi all,

I discovered another Holmfirth live cam from a Martin Fulton on youtube. I am not sure of the location the camera is showing. Anyone know the area we are seeing in relation to Summer Wine sites? The building on the right had some red vans there that I think someone had said in another thread were Post Office trucks. So I don't know if that is the Post Office or if they were just delivering.

Hope Martin does not mind me posting a link to his livecam.
He has several video links of his live cam on his youtube page. Believe I have linked to his current active one.

Cheers to you Martin - I have subscribed to your channel because of the Holmfirth cam. Thanks for posting it.

Currently (8:30AM EST where I am, 1:30 PM GMT) it looks a little grey like it might have rained recently but the sun seems like it's trying to come out...

Enjoy.

Yes, it's Station Road. The camera is in the window at the end of the building housing Your PC (23 Station Rd.) That's where it has always been, but the former hosting service became much too expensive so Martin moved the broadcast to YouTube.

The red vans are in the yard behind the Post Office. The building across the road from the Post Office is the Cornerhouse Cafe. Further along, just around the curve on the same side as the PO, the big building is the Picturedrome. It was built as a movie house but now mostly hosts tribute band concerts.

Just now, visibility is compromised because of the angle of the sun against the windowpane. After dark, we can see a lot of reflections from the shop interior in the inside of the glass until the shop is closed and the lights turned off.

I love looking at the Holmfirth cam because it makes me feel like I'm in Holmfirth. I absolutely love that feeling! I wish I was there right now.

I love looking at the Holmfirth cam because it makes me feel like I'm in Holmfirth. I absolutely love that feeling! I wish I was there right now.

So do I. I'd live there if I could, but the British government allows people in my category to remain in the country only six months out of every 12.

The problem is that I have completed my education, I'm retired and have no need to work unless I want to live at a better than basic level plus travel, I have no desire nor prospects of marrying a British citizen, and there's no way any American will ever qualify as a refugee anywhere. I used to labor under the misapprehension that as long as I obeyed the law I could live anywhere that I could afford. Then I started looking into permanent residency in Great Britain and had a rude awakening.

I want to live in Holmfirth but I need to get a job in order to rent a house up there. I'm hoping in months to come, there will be a job available in Sid's Café or in the Summer Wine shop! Whenever I go there, I always look outside Estate Agents's windows to see what houses they've got for sale or rent.

Thanks a lot for the info. The webcam is new to me and I know there are a few on here that enjoy a live view of Holmfirth. There was no start date on his youtube page that some have so I could not tell how long the camera had been going.

I did notice that the sun does shine in rather strongly at times. Also that there were some light reflections in the evening. Did not realize it was a nearby shop light.

I want to live in Holmfirth but I need to get a job in order to rent a house up there. I'm hoping in months to come, there will be a job available in Sid's Café or in the Summer Wine shop! Whenever I go there, I always look outside Estate Agents's windows to see what houses they've got for sale or rent.

I'm a bit tired of home ownership and of having a garden to care for, so I'd like to live in one of the flats in the re-purposed New Fold Mill building. It's in a quiet location but only a short, flat walking distance to the shops and to the bus station.

The formerly derelict Bamforth's building is also being re-purposed for flats, with plans to build a new block of flats on the former waste land next door, with parking at ground level. That's even closer to the shops and to the bus station, but Station Road is awfully busy and might be noisy.

I jumped on the Beattie Cam and the tour bus was in the layby [Colin nipped out for a cup of tea and a sticky bun ?? ] . I am sure it will bring back memories for members , especially Brian who visited and took the bus trip last year . If you look to the left you will see Tom and Smiler on Mountain bikes after again availing themselves of Auntie's Dating Service which has fixed them up with two Tour of Yorkshire Riders .What they don't know is that its two fine Yorkshire lasses who ride Point to Point Horses over the Yorkshire Dales ,they won't know what hit them .

cafe.png

Last edited:
Back