Another good program is ending

Emma

Dedicated Member
Sadly, there will be no more episodes of "Last Tango in Halifax." The two-part Christmas episodes will be aired in the US on Dec. 17 and 24, and then it will be over. This is the same program that aired in the UK last year - and we (in the US) had to wait all this time, just to learn it will be the last we see of this great cast of characters.

Because of licensing issues, some British TV programs are not aired in the US at all, and those that are can't be viewed in a timely manner. There is not a lot of TV worth watching, and it seems like the ones I really enjoy simply end in an abrupt manner. Doc Martin, New Tricks, The Cafe, Gavin and Stacey, the list is long.

Oh well, it was fun while it lasted.

Have you tried the Father Brown TV series, it seems well received and a new series starts next week, but like you UK TV is total rubbish these days,full of repeats,soaps and endless cookery,house makeover or buying,reality and antiques

Have you tried the Father Brown TV series, it seems well received and a new series starts next week, but like you UK TV is total rubbish these days,full of repeats,soaps and endless cookery,house makeover or buying,reality and antiques
Father Brown is a good program. I watched seasons 2, 3, and 4 that were broadcast here. The new season (Season 5) started last night. Season 1 never aired. I have to watch the season 5 episodes online through my PBS membership because it is on too late for me to watch, and I no longer have cable so I can't record programs.

Last edited:
Father Brown series 6 starts in the UK today in 45 minutes on BBC 1 for anyone online at the moment . It can be viewed on the BBC IPlayer at your leisure. The new series continues from Tuesday the 2nd January at 14:15 through to Friday 5th January , all episodes are aired on BBC1 at that 14:15 time

Back