An enquiry about Biff Hemingway.

and7barton

Dedicated Member
To save me trawling through 300+ videos, perhaps someone could point me towards an episode where Biff Hemingway shows up - Not the one where the trio plus Wesley visit him in his ramshackle house to try and retrieve Compo's money, but another sighting of Biff (I think), where he comes into the pub and stumbles over something the trio have left in the doorway, and has a few words to say about it.

To save me trawling through 300+ videos, perhaps someone could point me towards an episode where Biff Hemingway shows up - Not the one where the trio plus Wesley visit him in his ramshackle house to try and retrieve Compo's money, but another sighting of Biff (I think), where he comes into the pub and stumbles over something the trio have left in the doorway, and has a few words to say about it.

Well the episode you describe is Return of the Warrior

It was Return of the Warrior, and the actor was Alan Starkey, playing a different character.

Alan was also in Here We Go Again into the Wild Blue Yonder, as the man reading book.

He was also in several episodes of Open All Hours.

Videos!!!!???? I'm glad someone is still watching them :p :p Betamax or VHS?

It was Return of the Warrior, and the actor was Alan Starkey, playing a different character.

Alan was also in Here We Go Again into the Wild Blue Yonder, as the man reading book.

He was also in several episodes of Open All Hours.

I knew it was Alan Starkey, who as you say, has appeared a number of times. But did he appear dressed as Biff anywhere ?

I knew it was Alan Starkey, who as you say, has appeared a number of times. But did he appear dressed as Biff anywhere ?

Only in Cashflow Problems as far as I know, sometimes he was dressed a bit scruffy in Open All Hours, I think his character in that was Thorndyke, but I could be wrong.

Just checked out "Return of the Warrior" - Alan Starkey was definitely doing his "Biff" ! - Shame that character didn't appear more often.

Whilst the character didn't appear the surname did with Clem "Smiler" Hemmingway , funny how Roy Clarke seems to have these go to names , in LOTSW we had the prophet Bickerdyke and in Open All Hours we had the tailor Eli Bickerdyke and indeed a Mrs Bickerdyke a customer in the shop in a couple of episodes.

Last edited:
Back