Am I oldfashioned??

dick

LOTSW Fanatic
Just got back from my local Asda. 9 out of every 10 men in the shop were trudging round with their hands deep in their pockets. What is it , some new modern trend, that they don't want to be seen even remotely taking part in the shopping?? No wonder we men are getting a bad press. :wink: :me:

When I go to Morrison on a Wednesday there are two cars, one red and one silver with men sitting there reading the newspaper with the radio on. They're obviously just being a chauffeur with the misses inside doing the shopping. Him in doors won't do that, he comes in to make sure he doesn't need to remortgage the house at the till :D

My son in law would rather poke his eyes out with a stick then go shopping with my daughter, he sees it as "Unmanly" but he'll go his own, so its not a generation thing its a "Certain man" thing. :unhappy:

Had a thought about hands in pockets, perhaps they are under Strict instructions not to add anything to the trolley/s :46:

Had a thought about hands in pockets, perhaps they are under Strict instructions not to add anything to the trolley/s :46:

Sounds about right, although I'm not allowed to deviate from the list when we get to the till there is usually some kind of tool or decorating equipment in the trollie!

Good tip, hands in pockets it is from now on, thought pushing the trolley will be made harder for him :16:::)::)::)

I would rather go on my own with a list from "her indoors" We don`t spend so much that way I make sure of that. But you cannot win she will go next day to buy the things I wouldn`t. Sigh:20:

I would rather go on my own with a list from "her indoors" We don`t spend so much that way I make sure of that. But you cannot win she will go next day to buy the things I wouldn`t. Sigh:20:

One day when him in doors was off work and I was working I sent him shopping............. Never again!!! On the list, 3 packets of butter ...... " I didn't know which one you wanted so I got three different ones! :02: None of which were the usual brand :13:
Also on the list, washing up liquid.......... " They didn't have any so I got some beer! :02: Tesco? Didn't have washing up liquid?? :02:

One day when him in doors was off work and I was working I sent him shopping............. Never again!!! ....
Also on the list, washing up liquid.......... " They didn't have any so I got some beer! :02: Tesco? Didn't have washing up liquid?? :02:

Obviously the w u liquid was in an obscure spot, or below eye level!!

I had trouble with hair shampoo - I recall three sorts: dry, greasy and normal. Not any more - not a single one that was straightforward without honey, nuts or whatever else they think I need for my hair to be silky, shiny and manageable. I just want it clean! Moral: shopping is very difficult and best avoided if at all possible ...

... although this can lead to hunger.;D;D;D

I must admit I hate going supermarket shopping,I find folk blocking the aisles having a good old chat, or a couple have spread themselves so wide across the shelves with two trolleys and spend 10 mins to pick up a pack of bacon while you stand there waiting to get close enough to pick up a pack yourself,then the dreaded tills, you pick a queue with just one person in front, half their stuff has faulty bar codes,then they know the person on the till and have a good chat,then they spend 10 minutes getting the correct money out of their purse and another ten minutes packing what they have bought back into the trolley,they then walk a couple of step and come back to query their bill,AAArrrrgggHHHHHHHH

Now I know why they do not sell guns in Supermarkets

I have to admit when I was with her indoors, otherwise known as the War Dept. I did go in to the supermarket with her but you wouldn't believe how uninterested I was in the business of retail. I probably did the hands in pockets thing too Dick. Talking the shame as I type...:(:(:(

Obviously the w u liquid was in an obscure spot, or below eye level!!

I had trouble with hair shampoo - I recall three sorts: dry, greasy and normal. Not any more - not a single one that was straightforward without honey, nuts or whatever else they think I need for my hair to be silky, shiny and manageable. I just want it clean! Moral: shopping is very difficult and best avoided if at all possible ...

... although this can lead to hunger.;D;D;D

If in doubt go with Voisine (original), you'll smell lovely. I love the smell of Voisine :28: :D

I find folk blocking the aisles having a good old chat...

There are two supermarkets in my area, Tops and Wegmans. The latter is also a major social meeting place, to the point that one of the standard farewell lines is, "See you in Wegmans."

You wouldn't quite be driven 'round the bend by all the chatting, though, because most of the aisles are wide enough to accommodate it, and most of the folks chatting stay aware of other people so they can quickly move when they're in the way.

BWT, the hands-in-pockets fellows will usually retire to the coffee shop with friends and leave their wives to shop in peace.

Marianna

Sounds about right, although I'm not allowed to deviate from the list when we get to the till there is usually some kind of tool or decorating equipment in the trollie!

Good tip, hands in pockets it is from now on, thought pushing the trolley will be made harder for him :16:::)::)::)

Same here Pearl, If we have a list of 5 things ,if we have 6 we have spent too much time. DO NOT DEVIATE FROM THE LIST.

Personally, I want to go by my self, and if I want to wander around I can do so. :mad:

We are heading off now to a flea market and we have a specific list or person we are going to see, then THAT'S IT! No wandering because he has to come home to finish some fencing. He is pacing now, so I have to get ready!

Last edited:
Back