About me

sewellb

I was very saddened to see LOTSW come to an end. I have been reading all of your comments with much appreciation. In a way, it is kind of like life itself, it does come to an end. Then we have to rely on our memories and in this case our dvd's and certainly forums like this. We all knew the deceased. Nothing stays the same, I thought when Compo died it might end, instead after a few beautifully brilliant episodes, it got new life and went on. In the later series when Clegg and Truly had diminishing roles, I thought it has to come to an end.

I have all the shows except for the few from this season and I watch them over and over. I think my wife thinks I have gone up into the hills too often, but I keep going and think how fortunate we all were to have had such talented actors keep us entertained for 37 years. Keep the memories alive.

I live in Tulsa, Okla and have watched losw for many years. Finallty found this website and will login often. I am 80 yrs of age and relate to all the characters. Will they ever do a sequel? I have most all of dvds. loswFAN

Irene

welcome to the forum.

As I have noted previously there seems to be a large, and growing, fan base from USA.

Summer Wine ended late this Summer with the 295th episode - to me it was shame they could not have made another five and reached 300.

Not all episodes are on DVD by any means - for example the pilot has never been released on DVD allthough it was once on a VHS tape. Some of the Christmas episodes are less available and are not always aired when repeats are shown. However over the years when I started recording I managed to get all the episodes recorded onto tape by careful scrutiny of the TV programme listings. But it took about five years!

IN USA you may have slightly different approaches to screenings and your DVDs may differ from our releases. What is helpful is to check out a list of all the episodes that exist and then you can see what you are missing. I think that there are a number of such listings freely available on the internet - mien is the one I complied from the old Summer Wine exhibition in Holmfirth in about 1989 - this is before the exhibition moved to its present place under Norah Batty's house.

Back