A Tale of Two Sweaters

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JO, Mar 20, 2017.

Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. cciaffone

cciaffone Well-Known Member

What I mean is, ... I can send you a DVD of the AVI files

2. me2

me2 Well-Known Member

The whole series of FOTSW has been posted on their Facebook page and is available to be viewed.

3. Marianna

Marianna Well-Known Member

I have the Region 2 FOTSW sets, which I enjoy on my region-free DVD player.

4. cciaffone

cciaffone Well-Known Member

Andrew, I am here in Durham NC and I have both series of FOTSW as
    AVI files which should play in any region, I believe. Comments?
    Corrections?

5. Andrew D

Andrew D Well-Known Member

LOL Thanks Brian!
    Aye, last summer when we were hitting 116F (47C) there was one day when TWO foreign tourists died from the heat and sudden dehydration while out hiking in the desert....and they weren't even together. Different people, different areas of the city, unrelated to each other except the day and manner of their tragic, untimely demise.

On a lighter (cooler?) note, I only wish we could get the second series of First OTSW released on Region 1 for the US/Canada. First one was released 4 years ago, no sign I'm aware of for the second. I feel incomplete....

6. Brian Johns

Brian Johns Well-Known Member

Hey Andrew, sounds like Arizona is even hotter than Perth, West OZ...You poooooooor thing!:cheek:

Actually just finished watching this episode as it is the last one on the final DVD set I have. Now watched everything up to that point once again.
    Next DVD set comes out next month here, starting with "Doggy" but the final 2 series with Hobbo have not been advertised here yet.
    I have them anyway as HD videos on my computer and seen them several times so I am not missing anything!:37:.

Might have to rewatch FIRST of the summer wine again!:)

7. Andrew D

Andrew D Well-Known Member

Could NEVER do two sweaters here in southern Arizona's desert. Most people don't even have lawns, as the cost in water alone is prohibitive. Every late September when the temperatures finally FALL to 99F it actually feels cooler. This winter we never HAD a winter; only fell to 32F/0C twice, and only just. It's really sick, I must say! I'm a native New Englander and am better geared to cold.

Marianna likes this.
  8. dick

dick Well-Known Member

Just watch out for an angry housewife who likes kicking sticks !! :20:

9. barmpot

barmpot Well-Known Member

Foiled again! The photo was taken by "nurse" actually .....

dick likes this.
  10. dick

dick Well-Known Member

Sure you weren't in disguise?? Or maybe waiting for the "nurse " to bring your white stick . Rod ?:08:

barmpot likes this.
  11. Adanor

Adanor Well-Known Member

THE ONLY REASON why I ever wear sunglasses is after my eyes have been dilated at the eye docs.

12. barmpot

Sun but no temperature - its really my attempt to look cool!

Brian Johns and dick like this.
  13. Brian Johns

SUNGLASSES?????????? Must be Global warming again!!:08::17:

dick likes this.
  14. barmpot

Out for a stroll yesterday with a friend, she was bare armed and I had a shirt, pullover and fleece!

upload_2017-4-10_12-15-22.png

15. Brian Johns

We have a photo of the family when we emigrated to OZ, all dressed up in hats, coats, scarves, jumpers etc. We left London airport (as it was then) in January...Below freezing temps. Arrived in Perth
    a day or so later...still in same clothes and promptly MELTED..temp over 100F!

captain clutterbuck and dick like this.
  16. Adanor

Adanor Well-Known Member

Actually I have a picture of my father dressed in coat and tie on a beach; but that was back in the 1930's.

captain clutterbuck likes this.
  17. Brian Johns

It is alright Captain. I know what delicate wallflowers congregate here.:08::p

barmpot likes this.
  18. captain clutterbuck

captain clutterbuck Well-Known Member

No selfie and changing your Avatar then .........................................Please !!!! :30:

19. Brian Johns

I am fully dressed...in shorts & t-shirt.....might remove the shirt but every time I do people get blinded with the Scottish tan reflecting the sunshine!
    Not a pretty sight, I am glad I am nowhere near a mirror!!:p

Marianna likes this.
  20. captain clutterbuck

captain clutterbuck Well-Known Member

On my first family holiday to Arenal in Majorca in the 1960s , I remember my father travelling in a suit , shirt and tie and packing jackets, trousers and suits as they were instructed they would have to dress for dinner , this was July and it was absolutely sweltering , my mother had similar formal suits and dresses ,its totally unheard of now . The other lasting memory was the fact that people smoked on the plane , my father was a smoker and smoked Players Navy Cut there was more clouds inside the plane than out .

dick and maltrab like this.