6 Degrees of Separation.

Pearl

Administrator
Staff member
In 6 people ( and how) do we get from a person in Last of the Summer Wine to Elvis Presley?

Lets see.............................Seymour had a Degree, Barry probably did , and Edie was always telling Glenda she needed to keep a Degree of control over Barry
That makes 3 Degrees,
If the trio make music as the "Other 3 Degrees" . Job done !;):08:

Lets see.............................Seymour had a Degree, Barry probably did , and Edie was always telling Glenda she needed to keep a Degree of control over Barry
That makes 3 Degrees,
If the trio make music as the "Other 3 Degrees" . Job done !;):08:
Errrmmm

Pearl,

If you won't allow how a trainee ventriloquist would pronounce the great man's name i.e Elvis Sredley :eek::20: then what is the word morph [assume Alvin Smedley is the character ] ??

So surname only then Pearl as Johnathan or John will not morph in to Elvis nor Milburn or Crusher............... it seemed so easy at school with questions like if a train leaves Glasgow for London at 10.15 and travels at 50 mph................ how soon does the Buffet Car run out of beer and spirits ............. Answer Carlisle :)

So surname only then Pearl as Johnathan or John will not morph in to Elvis nor Milburn or Crusher............... it seemed so easy at school with questions like if a train leaves Glasgow for London at 10.15 and travels at 50 mph................ how soon does the Buffet Car run out of beer and spirits ............. Answer Carlisle :)

No captain, you have to find a link between Jonathan Linsley and Elvis Presley via 6 other people. Give it ago.

I'll throw my flat cap into the ring.

1 - Lance ( and Ethel) meets
2 - Auntie Wainright while looking for a birthday gift for his wife Ethel. He then meets
3 - Entwhistle while still looking for gift. Enter to the scene
4 - Alvin who hatches a plot when they all hear
5 - Barry and Glenda calling out for a missing dog Elvi. Later at Auntie's shop Alvin convinces
6 - Howard to dress as Elvis. Lance (a big Elvis fan) then sees Howard dressed as Elvis.

edit- Oops, I just realized that Lance and Jonathan Linsley are not the same person.

OK, I'll show this one.
Jonathan Linsley worked on, Pirates of the Caribbean with
Johnny Depp,who worked with
Vincent Price in Edward Scissorhands, who voiced Thriller with
Michael Jackson, who married
Lisa Presley who was of course
Elvis Presley's daughter.

Ah right Pearl I thought at first it was one of those word morph puzzles where you change one letter of the name to morph into the other name in the stated number of moves I hope you can understand why I plumped for Alvin Smedley but for Sredley it would work . Is this a Facebook puzzle that you have been participating in ?

Ah right Pearl I thought at first it was one of those word morph puzzles where you change one letter of the name to morph into the other name in the stated number of moves I hope you can understand why I plumped for Alvin Smedley but for Sredley it would work . Is this a Facebook puzzle that you have been participating in ?

No Captain, just a little game I thought I'd try out although I did post it in our Facebook group, someone got there but by a different rout which was interesting.

Here, from a Summer Wine character to Elvis.

Robert fyfe cloud atlas - Tom hanks dragnet- Christopher plummer return of the pink panther -peter Sellers -a shot in the dark - ed Parker Jr revenge of the pink panther ( ed Parker Jr was Elvis Presley's karate teacher) Elvis Presley.

Last edited:
By heck, I used to only think I might've been an ignorant, dozy pillock, but now after reading through this thread I'm certain of it!!!

Last edited:
Back