2020 Holmfirth Calendar

Marianna

Dedicated Member
Andrew Swales' Holmfirth and Huddersfield 2020 calendars are up for sale on his web site. I have the Holmfirth calendar for this year, and have thoroughly enjoyed each month's photo.

I just ordered my Holmfirth calendar for next year via the web site, and it insisted that the shipping to my US address was free. That was much too good to be true, so I emailed him last night to ask how much it would be. Turns out to be £5.15, which I sent to his email address via PayPal.

The calendars aren't on sale anywhere in Holmfirth, or I would have bought one while I'm there later in the month. I didn't think to ask him about retailers in Huddersfield.

Thanks Marianna for the heads-up - had actually just been thinking about looking online to see if the calendars were ready. Last year I'd bought one in August from the Wrinkled Stocking tea room, but was in Holmfirth too early in the summer this year to expect them to be on sale. Maybe the tearoom is not stocking them (no pun intended!) this year, but if the museum has them, that would be very handy too for visitors.
Made my order and noticed the shipping coming up free and did query that but - for UK orders - it is free, Andrew confirmed this.

Hopefully not the guy who took the photos at a Family wedding Pearl attended when there was a bit of a kerfuffle with her tifter ' tat as captured in this song !

'Old it, flash, bang, wallop, what a picture
What a picture, what a photograph
Pearl lined up with the other Folk
Hat blew off in a cloud of smoke
Clap 'ands, stamp yer feet
Bangin' on the big bass drum
What a picture, what a picture
Um-tiddly-um-pum-um-pum-pum
Stick it in your fam'ly album :fp:

.................. interlude over now back to the thread!

If you cant get any club together and make your own am sure you will have enough photographs? I make my own and have done for the last 10 years at a local printers. But dont leave it too late.

If you cant get any club together and make your own am sure you will have enough photographs? I make my own and have done for the last 10 years at a local printers. But dont leave it too late.
My own photos go into an album to be passed around among family and friends and to enjoy for the rest of my life. Anyway, I'd rather have another point of view to hang on my wall. Andrew's photos are particularly skillful, both technically and artistically, taken from a variety of perspectives, and in all seasons of the year, so there's much more variety than I could manage with my biennial visits to Holmfirth for a week's stay.

Back