1983 Christmas Special; Getting Sam Home

Alan JW Bell was very good, yet so were James Gilbert, Bernard Thompson and Sydney Lotterby.

The series didn't change that much when Bell took over, though the fashions did. And they still are.

When Syd Lotterby returned for Series 7, it looked the same as 6 or even 8.

Lotterby and Bell attempted to capture the essence of the director before him, yet made certain good or bad changes later.

Umm, yes, I´d agree with that, Chuff!

Bunny, if it's a straight toss up between the fella whose introduction revolutioned the show and took it to new areas and the blert who filmed it and behaved like a baby when it suited him, then surely there is only one choice. Foggy and Clegg were the show for many years, Bell was just like a DJ who got his living from playing other peoples records.
Roy Clarke was the heartbeat of the show, Foggy, Clegg and Compo were the related vital organs, Bell was the one who filmed the genius. That's all he did.

I got this a bit wrong, the "hormonal tart", I thought you were also referring to his behaviour, especially towards females. I met him a few times and, well, judging from that... ;)
I wasn´t talking about his filming, sorry about the misunderstanding, every now and again I get things wrong with this foreign language.

Umm, yes, I´d agree with that, Chuff!

Bunny, if it's a straight toss up between the fella whose introduction revolutioned the show and took it to new areas and the blert who filmed it and behaved like a baby when it suited him, then surely there is only one choice. Foggy and Clegg were the show for many years, Bell was just like a DJ who got his living from playing other peoples records.
Roy Clarke was the heartbeat of the show, Foggy, Clegg and Compo were the related vital organs, Bell was the one who filmed the genius. That's all he did.

I got this a bit wrong, the "hormonal tart", I thought you were also referring to his behaviour, especially towards females. I met him a few times and, well, judging from that... ;)
I wasn´t talking about his filming, sorry about the misunderstanding, every now and again I get things wrong with this foreign language.

No you were right, that is just what I meant! The bit about his filming and his role was just an added part that came after.

Back