Have a Nice Day.

That sounds very interesting. If I was younger I would look into that. My son in Australia likes the stories and I think that one day he may try and get them published. I am going to post one of my blank canvas silly stories today, watch out for 'My Wife's Walking Stick'.

Excellent ! - By the way, that "Print on Demand" system is not of very high quality. The result (that I've seen). is a flat kind of text that isn't terribly sharp, and the pages are edge-glued and tend to fall out easily. There may be better kinds around but I haven't seen them.

Good thinking on the e-book idea, Marianna!

My Mom absolutely loved her Kindle and must have had a few hundreds book on there. At least that going by what she had said.

Thanks for describing the process, Andy. I had wondered how they did that. I have bought a few DVD's in the past that were print-on-demand. Was unsure about it at first. Since they were not super popular enough for the label to keep a physical stock of them it made since that they store the info digitally and press out copies as needed. Plus it was the only way I was going to get to see the show or movie again. They were actually pressed commercially and not just burned on somebodies computer - thankfully. The disc artwork looked inkjet'ed on instead of fancier photo quality stuff - I can live with that. It's what the laser reads that I care about. :)

I did a similar thing for a few years - burning CDs on a Philips double CD recorder. I recorded synthesiser stuff on a small home studio setup. Designed and printed the CD inserts. I did around 100 different albums (my own compositions so no copyright problems) and sold them on Ebay. I managed to sell a few hundred of them.

That sounds very interesting. If I was younger I would look into that. My son in Australia likes the stories and I think that one day he may try and get them published. I am going to post one of my blank canvas silly stories today, watch out for 'My Wife's Walking Stick'.
I gave up writing after doing my novel and a book of poetry. I'm currently dabbling in painting.

Everything I've ever written has read like a standard operating procedure. Writing SOPs used to be part of my job, but reading them for editing purposes bored even me. There's no way I'd attempt to write for publication.

"Writing SOPs used to be part of my job "

I worked as a senior technical writer for Eye Bee Em
for many many years mostly in the PC world. Wrote or
edited many SOPs.

Back