Peter Sallis R.I.P.

Still have:
-Jonathan Linsley (61) (Crusher)
-Robert Fyfe (92), Juliette Kaplan (77), Jean Ferguson (72) (Howard, Pearl and Marina)
-Mike Grady (71), Sarah Thomas (64) (Barry & Glenda)
-Keith Clifford (79 this week), Tom Owen (67) and Julie Wallace (56) (Billy Hardcastle, Tom Simmonite & Mrs. Avery)
-Ken Kitson (71) & Louis Emerick (54) (the PC's)
-Josephine Tewson (86) & June Whitfield (91) (Mrs. Davenport & Nelly)
-Brian Murphy (84) (Alvin)
-Russ Abbot (69), Christopher Beeny (75) (Hobbo, RepoMan/Herman/Morton)

And of course Roy Clarke himself, at 87. :)
More than I thought!!
And as for Roy Clarke.. Sheer Genius. I still love the few episodes of Open all Hours we get here!

What were you poms feeding your TV writers from the 60/70's on wards.. For gods sake, start feeding the current writers the same stuff and save my sanity!!!!!

Still have:
-Jonathan Linsley (61) (Crusher)
-Robert Fyfe (92), Juliette Kaplan (77), Jean Ferguson (72) (Howard, Pearl and Marina)
-Mike Grady (71), Sarah Thomas (64) (Barry & Glenda)
-Keith Clifford (79 this week), Tom Owen (67) and Julie Wallace (56) (Billy Hardcastle, Tom Simmonite & Mrs. Avery)
-Ken Kitson (71) & Louis Emerick (54) (the PC's)
-Josephine Tewson (86) & June Whitfield (91) (Mrs. Davenport & Nelly)
-Brian Murphy (84) (Alvin)
-Russ Abbot (69), Christopher Beeny (75) (Hobbo, RepoMan/Herman/Morton)

And of course Roy Clarke himself, at 87. :)
also Alan Bell and(I think)Sydney Lotterby

And then there is Still Open All Hours with Stephanie Cole, the Nurse and of course, Granville. Same street, same storefront, and it all works. Pity the poor lady who finds that her favorite hair salon has suddenly become a grocery store.

Just read Peter Sallis' obituary in the Guardian (on line). It makes interesting reading and seems quite informative. There are several references to quotes attributed to the actor himself. But perhaps the most accurate and up to date information is a letter sent in response to the obituary by his grandson stating how things were in his grandfather's personal life. Well worth reading and you don't need to be a paying subscriber to read it.

Just read Peter Sallis' obituary in the Guardian (on line). It makes interesting reading and seems quite informative. There are several references to quotes attributed to the actor himself. But perhaps the most accurate and up to date information is a letter sent in response to the obituary by his grandson stating how things were in his grandfather's personal life. Well worth reading and you don't need to be a paying subscriber to read it.

Here's the link to his grandson's letter, as well as to another one that turned up in the search results, from the collaborator on Fading Into the Limelight.

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2017/jun/15/peter-sallis-obituary-letter

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2017/jun/08/john-miller-peter-sallis-letter

Back