Doris

barmpot

LOTSW Fanatic
Every one ready for Doris coming tonight?

Although it was 80 mph in the valleys on Tuesday - but that was not Doris - apparently!

She's here already, it's going to make shopping interesting that's for sure. My driveway is flooded and road signs and bollards are flying round like leaves.
I'm looking forward to people putting their recycling bags out this evening! !!

Stay safe everyone.

I am like you Barmpot my mother was Doris and lived to 91. I hope this Doris does not last that long.
Not too bad here in Norfolk yet, fingers crossed, and everything else, for the rest of today.:eek2:

Last edited:
We had the prequel yesterday but it appears we are to avoid the worst of the weather [well according to the real experts , the cows in the field who have been standing up all morning] . I do hope everyone else in the UK is unaffected and that they stay safe and well , take care , be lucky!

So it is Doris Day.

Although I thought she was in Calamity Janr.

Might well be a few calamities before the end of the day

Just think of the weather here in DC; calm, warm, and many people are walking around in shorts and flip flops. I'm sure this is true for everyone in the Eastern Seaboard.

I have seen it stronger round here - have been on hillside and not that much movement in the trees to be seen although it is getting chilly!

Stay inside and safe, everyone! I just saw a report of a head injury from an airborne piece of the roof on the new entrance to the Victoria Tube station, and a woman killed by flying debris in Wolverhampton city center.

After writing that I recalled we had a neighbour when I first moved here 28 years ago called Doris. She could give a real lashing with her tongue - although a lot quieter since she died (to quote Clegg).

I fully empathise with your stay inside and safe statement Marianna but there are some idiots who are risking not only their own lives but those of our brave volunteer lifeboat crews by insisting they can remain safe by walking along open sea walls and promenades, because they think it is so so entertaining to be deluged by the large waves that these storms whip up. How could they reasonably have ever expected to be swept into the sea ! Personally I would section them under the Mental Health Act :mad:

I fully empathise with your stay inside and safe statement Marianna but there are some idiots who are risking not only their own lives but those of our brave volunteer lifeboat crews by insisting they can remain safe by walking along open sea walls and promenades, because they think it is so so entertaining to be deluged by the large waves that these storms whip up. How could they reasonably have ever expected to be swept into the sea ! Personally I would section them under the Mental Health Act :mad:

There used to be a website entitled something about Darwin awards - that covered those who seemed to imperil themselves needlessly. I think the premise was along the lines of natural selection or survival of the fittest. Harsh possibly?

Back