John Challis

Great photo Terry if this had been a big budget American Production I suspect the "refreshments " would look a great deal different to this . It almost looks like the trappings of a Street day trip to the Beach or Country with all the bits of bags and the refreshments themselves packed into what looks like a Bread tray from a Supermarket

I guess the issue was that they were filming out in the Countryside away from main roads and so the probably catering van would not be able to get close enough for the Actors and Crew to avail themselves of any of the normal goodies . I would imagine with a big American Production they would helicopter in the food.

Whilst there may have been sandwiches and cakes there was definitely no Jelly they were saving that to blow up the Safe :08:

Great photo Terry if this had been a big budget American Production I suspect the "refreshments " would look a great deal different to this . It almost looks like the trappings of a Street day trip to the Beach or Country with all the bits of bags and the refreshments themselves packed into what looks like a Bread tray from a Supermarket

I guess the issue was that they were filming out in the Countryside away from main roads and so the probably catering van would not be able to get close enough for the Actors and Crew to avail themselves of any of the normal goodies . I would imagine with a big American Production they would helicopter in the food.

Whilst there may have been sandwiches and cakes there was definitely no Jelly they were saving that to blow up the Safe :08:

This was in an old quarry behind New Mill, they never did go mad on catering on Location and this was the time the BBC had started to cut the budget for making the show

Back